Last month while celebrating Kannaway’s 1st year anniversary in Miami, I was privileged to announce from stage that Kannaway had been honored with The Academy of MLM’s Startup Company of the year.
I had the privilege of sitting down with Wes Bishop as he and the Kannaway corporate team opened the new Dallas regional office for the Hemp Lifestyle Company.
Bishop is not the traditional network marketing leader I am use to chatting with. Although his tenure is massive in direct sales, his real business success has come from the real estate industry where he and his team have facilitated the sale of over $300 million is real estate transactions over the last few years.
Wes also sits on the Kannaway Field Advisory Board, alongside of Billy Funk and Charles Vest.
Below is the interview Kannaway just released on their news site. (Read Here)
Over the last few weeks I have received several questions about the CBD Oil inside of th3 Kannaway products and if it’s legal to use and sell. It has taken a while to gather enough info from different sources to put this editorial together. Now anyone who is truly interested should have enough info and 3rd party datapoints to make an informed decision on if Kannaway is a company they can market for, or buy from.
Not since penny auctions hit the network marketing community have I seen a topic split this community so deeply! A few weeks ago, I was at the Association of Network Marketing Professionals (ANMP) annual conference, and just listened as proponents and opponents of Kannay tried to explain what the company stood for and what their products were all about.
Well, today I am not here to try and explain all there is to know about Kannaway or even share the controversy surrounding the company. My goal is to give some insight to what I have found on the differences between legal Cannabis (Hemp) which is what Kannaway products are made from, and illegal Cannabis, what those in Colorado just celebrated at the 4/20 festival.
History of Hemp in the USA
Although history proves Hemp has been cultivated by humans as far back as 10,000 years ago, I want to focus on Hemp in the USA, and why companies like Kannaway are starting to focus on Hemp products in the USA.
Back in the 17th Century when the USA was getting started there were laws on the books which made it mandatory to grow Indian Hemp. By the 18th Century if you lived in the USA and owned land, then you had better be growing some Hemp or you could look at some jail time.
One interesting historical fact, I uncovered is that by 1850 when the Census was taken, there ware 8500 Hemp Plantations in the USA with a minimum of 2200 acres each. Now, I am not sure how many smaller Plantations there might have been but without a doubt Hemp was a mainstay. As a matter of fact, Hemp was seen as legal tender during the same time period. Similar to Oil today!
Around the turn of the 20th Century Hemp Fuel was used in such engines in the famous Rudolph Diesel Engine. History shows that Mr. Diesel assumed his engine would be fueled by a variety of fuels, especially Eco friendly fuels which came from plants. I could not find anything about animal oils, such a whale, bear and mink oil or if he thought that would work as well as plant based fuels.
One of my business hero’s Henry Ford, operated what was known as a biomass fuel conversion plant where he mass produced Hemp Oil for his and other vehicles on the road at the time. However, as more and more vehicles hit the road, and the production of petroleum started to create multi-millionaires and the tycoons of the time started buying or growing their financial states in the oil industry, we started to see a shift in the USA to somehow outlaw the production of Hemp. Lord knows Hemp was cheaper to produce, could be produced faster and it was NOT controlled by the wealthiest of all businessmen.
We might even say it was like direct selling today. It gave the average person the ability to earn a good living.
By the 1930’s there was a full blown campaign to figure out how to outlaw Hemp. And since certain Cannabis plants (Cannabis Sativa) do produce a high level of THC in their leaves which was used to make hashish, those who were opposed to the Hemp and were working to get the Government to outlaw it, had the foundation of the campaign they needed.
Something interesting I found while doing this research was the fact, the word Marihauna is a derivative of the spanish word Matiguana first used in the 1890 – 95 Americanism; < Mexican Spanish marihuana, mariguana;
Well, I could go on and on, but let me close with a few great reference resources we used for this article so you can gather additional info to understand the difference between Legal and illegal Cannibas.
First, I want to show a couple of videos we found from the 1930s showing the propaganda from both sides of the Cannabis debate… Kind of like today 🙂
Reefer Madness – 1937
Hemp For Victory – 1942
* George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and other founding fathers GREW HEMP; Washington and Jefferson Diaries. Jefferson smuggled hemp seeds from China to France then to America.
* Benjamin Franklin owned one of the first paper mills in America and it processed hemp. Also, the War of 1812 was fought over hemp. Napoleon wanted to cut off Moscow’s export to England; Emperor Wears No Clothes, Jack Herer.
* For thousands of years, 90% of all ships’ sails and rope were made from hemp. The word ‘canvas’ is Dutch for cannabis; Webster’s New World Dictionary.
* 80% of all textiles, fabrics, clothes, linen, drapes, bed sheets, etc. were made from hemp until the 1820s with the introduction of the cotton gin.
* The first Bibles, maps, charts, Betsy Ross’s flag, the first drafts of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were made from hemp; U.S. Government Archives.
* The first crop grown in many states was hemp. 1850 was a peak year for Kentucky producing 40,000 tons. Hemp was the largest cash crop until the 20th Century; State Archives.
* Oldest known records of hemp farming go back 5000 years in China, although hemp industrialization probably goes back to ancient Egypt.
* Rembrants, Gainsboroughs, Van Goghs as well as most early canvas paintings were principally painted on hemp linen.
* In 1916, the U.S. Government predicted that by the 1940s all paper would come from hemp and that no more trees need to be cut down. Government studies report that 1 acre of hemp equals 4.1 acres of trees. Plans were in the works to implement such programs; Department of Agriculture
* Quality paints and varnishes were made from hemp seed oil until 1937. 58,000 tons of hemp seeds were used in America for paint products in 1935; Sherman Williams Paint Co. testimony before Congress against the 1937 Marijuana Tax Act.
* Henry Ford’s first Model-T was built to run on hemp gasoline and the CAR ITSELF WAS CONTRUCTED FROM HEMP! On his large estate, Ford was photographed among his hemp fields. The car, ‘grown from the soil,’ had hemp plastic panels whose impact strength was 10 times stronger than steel; Popular Mechanics, 1941.
* Hemp called ‘Billion Dollar Crop.’ It was the first time a cash crop had a business potential to exceed a billion dollars; Popular Mechanics, Feb., 1938.
* Mechanical Engineering Magazine (Feb. 1938) published an article entitled ‘The Most Profitable and Desirable Crop that Can be Grown.’ It stated that if hemp was cultivated using 20th Century technology, it would be the single largest agricultural crop in the U.S. and the rest of the world.
Currently in “Buzz Launch”, Kannaway are slated to go into pre-launch at the end of this month. Given that that’s now under two weeks away, the company has released it’s launch compensation plan into the wild. Typically I’d include a brief history to preface an MLM company review but as Kannaway launched a separate compensation [Continue reading…]
Source: Kannaway Compensation Plan Review
Read the full article and join in the discussion over at BehindMLM.
Despite a video on the Kannaway website informing me that ‘on February 28th this site will begin actually morphing into our actual prelaunch website’, it appears the company is still in this pre-prelaunch stage. Official Kannaway prelaunch compensation plan documents I’ve cited in my research for this review confirm this is the case, stating ‘The Buzz Campaign’ will run from March 1st – [Continue reading…]
Source: Kannaway Prelaunch Review: Hemp & MLM?
Read the full article and join in the discussion over at BehindMLM.