Randy Jeffers and his corporate attorney Jeff Bakerink, reached out today and talked with me for over an hour. I did my best to cover every question asked over the last few days regarding the future of WOW Mobile and Liberty International.
Here is the summary of our conversation:
1. Liberty International .vs T-Mobile: According to Jeff Bakerink, he is in the discovery stages, and interviewing some top telecommunication attorneys. Shortly Liberty International will hire a law firm, and the complaint will be filed.
2. Does Liberty International Really Owe Money to T-Mobile: Randy Jeffers made it clear that Liberty International’s position is “NO Money is Owed.” When Liberty did an internal audit of the master T-Mobile bill, it was uncovered Liberty had been charged over $1 million dollars in overcharges in International Long Distance charges. When this was brought to T-Mobile’s attention, the relationship went south. Each day Liberty International was strung along. Until a few weeks ago, when Liberty International pulled the plug, and decided to file a civil complaint.
3. Frozen Merchant Accounts: Randy Jeffers was very open, as he was in Orlando last weekend with the Liberty International Field Force. Due to legitimate and fraudulent chargebacks, Liberty’s merchant processor has frozen funds. Jeff Bakerink made it very clear Liberty is reviewing each chargeback, and any found to be unwarranted, he will be passing on to authorities for criminal investigation, as well as the possibility of filing civil fraud charges.
4. Has Liberty International Laid Off Any Employees: Randy Jeffers told me they did lay off some employees, for several reasons. The main one being, with the new direction the company is moving, there will not be a need for as many employees. “We are out of the business of warehousing and shipping phones, so we do not need as many employees.”
5. Is Randy Jeffers Personally Covering Commissions Checks: Randy stated he has been covering the commission checks, and will continue to cover them in the short term. I asked Randy if he could give me an amount he is willing to cover, and he respectfully declined.
6. Is there A New Entity Taking Over Liberty International: Randy Jeffers and Jeff Bakerink were very clear, there is NO new entity taking over Liberty International. However they have made some strategic moves to protect the business opportunity for the Liberty International distributors as the old Liberty International aka WOW Mobile works its way through litigation with T-Mobile and the Chargeback Issues!
7. Is Liberty International Affiliated With Sprint, AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile: Jeff Bakerink and Randy Jeffers both made it loud and clear, Liberty International Does Not have any type of affiliation with any of the four Tier 1 Wireless Carriers. “We do offer a PCS Platform, and will be adding additional wireless platforms in the near future. But again we are not affiliated or offering Sprint PCS services.
If I missed any questions please feel free to ask them below and I will get the answers and publish them.
Living An Epic Adventure,