My hat is off to Derrick Rodgers for responding at all. However, I think in the long run it would have been better if he had responded through the “Best of the Best law firms” he states People Helping People Inc, have hired.
Seriously, it is a good thing for Derrick and PHPI to address this issue. However, I have to question several items in Derrick’s response.
1. Derrick states PHPI has hired the best of the best legal firms to handle this and other legal issues at People Helping People. Well, having invested several of my adult years dealing with litigation attorney’s both as a client and a respondent in cases, I have yet to find one, who did not tell their client to keep their mouth shut, and let the attorney do the talking.
In several of the current cases and potential cases surrounding the MLM Wireless Niche, we have been contacted by the clients litigation attorneys to respond to both articles I have written and other concerns which have been brought up by other reporters, Watchdogs and Advocates.
There are a couple of reasons why litigation attorneys do the talking for their clients.
1. Nothing said by the attorney can be used be used against their client.
2. Litigation attorneys want to get their side of the issue out for the public to fully understand, without the emotional attachment, their clients have to the situation.
Derrick, makes several “personal” statements which can be used by Global Verge in this case. And if Derrick denies he said them, then Global Verge’s attorney will bring up Derrick’s response as evidence. Which leaves Derrick in an awkward position. He will either have to deny he wrote the email below under oath, or he will have to defend his response. Either way what he has stated may be used against him, especially, if Global Verge has a witness who while in the company of Derrick Rodgers heard him say anything about Global Verge.
Which brings up an interesting thought. In my last couple of posts, we say that Derrick was asked about the Global Verge lawsuit. Specifically what had been written in this community, and he “asked that his responses NOT be made part of the minutes.”
Which means, even if he did not use the words “Global Verge” he still addressed part of the Global Verge lawsuit.
Maybe the PHPI distributors can get him to address the following parts of the lawsuit which he did not address:
1. Third Claim For Relief: Misappropriation
2. Fourth Claim For Relief: Conversion
3. Fifth Claim For Relief: Tortuous Interferences with Contractual Relations
4. Six Claim For Relief: Tortuous Interference With Prospective Economic Gain
5. Seventh Claim For Relief: Civil Conspiracy/Concert Of Action
6. Eight Claim For Relief: Unfair Competition/Unjust Enrichment
7. Ninth Claim For Relief: Injunctive Relief
8. Tenth Claim For Relief:
Well, hopefully, PHPI attorneys will soon contact us on behalf of their client and give us their side of things. Maybe we will be able to get copies of the counter-suit Derrick and PHPI may file. Or copies of a settlement offer. Either way, we will post what we are given.