Breaking MLM News Global Verge CEO Steve Lewis talks “AT” the Global Verge Triple Diamonds, instead of talking “TO” the Triple Diamonds.
Now, some of you may read the title of this post and wonder what I mean by talking “at” instead of “to” and I want to explain that statement.
In talking with Steve Lewis and listening to him on several calls, I have realized that Steve postures himself to dominate the conversation. This can work in small companies, but when you have leaders in the field who have had far more success in building organizations and financial earning, than the CEO of the company, it can backfire. Leaders will only attact and KEEP leaders who are at their level or below.
I’ve seen this happen time and time again. if Global Verge is going to pull out of this, then the corporate staff must talk “TO” their field leaders and not “AT” their field leaders. Right now they do not want their leaders leaving. If this happens, then company will never regroup. Word will spread fastest about the exodus, than it has ffrom the “fear of Loss.”
Ok, let’s get into the important subject matter…
Commissions: When will the field get their FIRST commissions?
Let me explain why I say “First” commissions! Since the majority of the distributors who joined Global Verge did it in June, they have not yet received even their first commissions.
Here are a few statements made on this subject by Steve Lewis and Teresa Curtis.
Processing Has begun:
Well we know processing has begunm and in the above clip Steve Lewis does say Commissions would be the first payments made.
In this clip Steve does say Commissions should have started on August 5th, however as you will hear in the next clip from July 29, 2009 the time for commission payments had to be pushed back.
In the above clips we get a better understanding on some of the issues facing Global Verge and why commissions are not getting paid. Steve Lewis does give a final date when he will pay commissions for June!
However another situation has been brought to my attention.
Several people have contacted me, who had canceled and they were still charged even though they had canceled exactly how Global Verge told them to cancel. This may once again slow down the paying of commissions. These types of charges have to be handled ASAP or chargebacks will start to amount up against Global Verge.
Also, at least one processor they are using seems to be out of the Tax Haven “ABI BA ANTIGUA” and this has some folks worried.
Based on the above information the Antigua organization seems to be ABI financial Group.
Yes, this could be a red flag, but in the case of Global Verge, I think they had to move some or all of their processing offshore because none of their corporate officers have credit worthy backgrounds in this new age of banking regulations.
If this is the case, it will slow the process down, as money has to be collected then transferred back into a US bank account. Which means the IRS and in some cases (since this is a known tax haven) Treasury may also have to be notified.
For any of you who have sent us emails, or are concerned. Just contact your personal bank and ask them if this is a good company. They should be able to put your mind at ease.
Comp Plan:Compensation Plan confusion taking place.
This is a huge issue in the field. If distributors do not fully understand what level of membership they need to be on to maximize the compensation plan, and their upline doesn’t have a clue either, then a larger amount of breakage goes to the company or at the very least to the top dogs in the plan who fully understand everything, and have not disseminated the correct info to their downline.
These are random clips to hear everything listen to the full calls at the bottom of this post.
Here is the scary part of what you just listened too… These were the TRIPLE DIAMOND’S asking these questions. The leaders in the field who have personally sponsored 25 or more people into Global Verge. If they don’t gave a firm grasp on how to maximize the comp plan, how do you expect them to tell you what to do?
Here is the comp plan in a nut shell. To maximize the compensation plan, you should have paid the $149 coming in, and you should be paying $99 per month. Anything less than that and you are not going to earn all the money you might feel you deserve.
One more thing which I believe is great, and that is the fact they are Grandfathering the Triple Diamonds. However, there should still be clarity on if everyone below Triple Diamond will also be grandfathered.
Phones/Sim Chips: When are they going to be available.
Now, based on the above you can see a couple of things. First it’s really not about the phones, it’s all about the Sim Chips. And since the Sim Chips are now going to say Buzzirk then some money needed to change hands. Since Global Verge and Buzzirk didn’t have any money because their processors froze them out, they had to wait to have the new Sim Chips programmed correctly.
Now, you make say “Troy that’s speculation on your part.” And that would be a 100% true statement. However, let’s put all the pieces together.
1. Zer01 changed their business model from controling the brand, to co-branding the technology with “powered by Zer01” And in Ben Piilani’s press releases he’s made that clear. Well that put a change in the plans and now Buzzirk would need to get new SIm Chips programed to say Buzzirk Wireless/Mobile “powered by Zer01”.
2. Since the phones they do have on hand have the old Sim Chips, and some may even have an AT&T logo (like some of the pictured on the website, which should have been changed by the publishing of this post), it would not look good to the critics.
3. Since Global Verge is having to go offshore for processing, it is clear they do not have credit for factoring facilities to put together financing and will have to go C.O.D.
So yes, it is speculation on my part, but a very calculated speculation.
Ok, now let’s look at the relationship between Zer01, Buzzirk and Global Verge, because this has been the focus on several emails we have received.
1. Zer01 is only a vender of technology to Buzzirk.
2. Buzzirk is a Nevada corporation owned Mark Petschel & Ted Robbins
3. Global Verge Based (Currently) in Lee’s Summit Missouri is also owned by Mark Petschel & Ted Robbins
Ted Robbins & Mark Petschel started Global Verge as a marketing company. Today, Global Verge is the exclusive marketing arm of Buzzirk Mobile/Wireless who contracted Zer01 as a vender to provide cutting edge unreleased and unproven technology, which if proves to be legit will be the lead product of Global Verge.
Now, you may be asking “Troy what’s this got to do with anything?”
Listen to these clips, then read what I write next.
Now, here is what Steve Lewis & Teresa Curtis made very clear in the above clips and what they did not make clear.
1. Zer01 is “JUST” a vender of Buzzirk aka Global Verge
2. Buzzirk aka Global Verge has an exclusive contract for the Network marketing Arena
3. New contracts need to be issued.
What’s not clear…
1. Zer01 does not have any Big Box stores coming on line.
2. If Buzzirk aka Global Verge produces big numbers, Zer01 will not look at other marketing channels
3. Zer01 is willing to turn down a HUGE Guaranteed sale of the technology under contract to Buzzirk aka Global Verge guaranteeing a life long contract for the GV Distributors, and protecting them form having Zer01 and/or Buzzirk from cutting the compensation plan and taking all their hard earned customers. (if Sim Chips ever get to the field)
As I said in the video above, there is not a business leader in the world worth their weight, who will deny their shareholders a huge payday.
And I do not believe Ben Piilani would lock his company into such an agreement, unless he sees this as the only payday he will ever get.
If you listen to Steve Lewis’s sentence you will see he said “He said (Ben Piilani) “That’s not going to happen.” Then Lewis goes on to say “We have a contract number 1.” These are two different sentences and in reality do not have anything to do with each other. One if a 3rd party statement on a private call, whihc could not be used in court.” The second is an opinion of Lewis, who has already stated new contracts are needed.
So, in closing here are some questions I would ask if I was a rep in Global Verge.
1. Why does Teresa Curtis say “a video of the phone will be available in about three days”, then Steve Lewis makes it clear “no video is going to be shot.”?
2. Why doesn’t Buzzirk offer a Family Plan Service?
Most families may not change if each phone will cost them $69 per month, plus the cost of a new phone.
3. Why bring in new Executive Staff with questionable MLM histories or NO Network Marketing experience at all?
Troy’s truth: It is hard enough to launch a good solid MLM, but to bring in questionable and inexperienced Network Marketing Executives into a turn around situation, is counter productive and adds more fuel to the fire for the critics.
Now to the Global Verge Distributors:
Over the last three weeks I have talked to countless of you, and the majority of you are holding on for the long haul. I truly respect your position and want to give you some tips are getting your business rolling.
1. Study all the services you have to offer, and do not focus to heavy right now on the Wireless technology since you do not know when it might be available.
2. Off the services you have available find the one you can get excited about and start marketing it to people who need it.
3. Understand you are part of a Membership Benefits marketing company and not a Wireless phone company.
4. If deep in your heart, you truly believe Global Verge can turn their situation around, then focus daily on finding one or two good people you can talk with. BUT… Make sure you tell them right up front what they are getting into.
5. If people contact you and tell you Global Verge sucks… Get out! Ask them point blank why they want you out? Find out if they really care about you, or if they are prospecting you for another company.
6. To all you Triple Diamonds… Start leading your teams, and stop blindly following what someone tells you.
Troy’s Truth: It’s never about your upline, it’s ALWAYS about your downline!
I will continue to lay out the facts as I see them, give my professional opinion where appropriate, and offer my personal prayers for everyone involved.
Never Give Up,
July 27, 2009 Triple Diamond Call.
July 29, 2009 Triple Diamond call.
When the audio for the July 29th Triple Diamond call came in, it did have to dead spots. Just keep listening and the call continues.