Hakki Ozmorali, editor of World of Direct Selling wrote a great article on why network marketing companies have a hard time making it outside of their homeland. He came up with six common denominators on why this happens more often than anyone really wants to admit. 1. Wrong Partner 2. Wrong Local Management 3. Wrong Ex-Pat Management 4. Ignoring Cultural Differences 5. Leaving It To International Leaders 6. Lack Of Proper Supervision I want to focus on just one if the six reasons Ozmorali talks about… Ignoring Cultural Differences!
A week or so ago we launched our uTHRiV series talking with the two founders Joe Tessin and Brian Dee. If the first article we covered the real story behind how thee two connected to launch uTHRiV. (click here to read) Today I want to cover why uTHRiV decided to launch with multiple products in four unique segments of the market.
Below is an excerpt from my article about the Ninth Circuit opinion on BurnLounge. The article can be read in full over at Seeking Alpha. It’s an important subject. Click here to read it.
- The Court successfully threaded the needle on the issue of “ultimate users,” essentially creating two classes of participants.
- The Court provided several factors throughout the opinion to help outsiders deduce the motivation driving consumption. This is especially helpful in assessing $HLF.
- The Opinion will require the FTC’s pyramid scheme expert to create another analytical framework to distinguish pyramid schemes from legitimate direct selling companies (assuming they need one).
- The Court adopted the logic provided by the FTC in its 2004 Staff Advisory Opinion.
- The Court eliminated all confusion regarding Omnitrition as it completely ignored the widely referenced dicta that consumption from participants cannot count as sales to “ultimate users.”
Direct selling companies need the support of a consultant at various stages and for various reasons. Maybe needless to say, the right or wrong consultant can make all the difference. Unfortunately, there are so many people out there representing themselves as ‘experts’ or ‘gurus’, that are in reality, neither.
But how can one find the right consultant, then?
Where to Look For
A couple of weeks ago, I have the privilege of meeting Joe Tessin and Brian Dee in Atlanta Georgia in the Club Lounge at the Renaissance Concourse hotel. They took several hours to answer my questions, and to give me some real insight into the passion of launching uTHRiV.
What brings a Boston Yankee and a Georgia Rebel together to launch a very unique network marketing company? In the interview above you can learn firsthand how Tessin and Dee became friends and then business partners. However, like the uniqueness of uTHRiV, is the backgrounds of Joe Tessin and Brian Dee. Who would have ever guessed these two would connect on such a deep level?
Over the last few weeks I have received several questions about the CBD Oil inside of th3 Kannaway products and if it’s legal to use and sell. It has taken a while to gather enough info from different sources to put this editorial together. Now anyone who is truly interested should have enough info and 3rd party datapoints to make an informed decision on if Kannaway is a company they can market for, or buy from.